Sunday, July 08, 2012

Free Romance Writing Webinar - My Personal Recommendation

Hosted by Crimson Romance
When: July 10, 3:00 PM ET
Register: Crimson Romance or directly at  https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/813461089


Webinar Title:  On Romance Writing: Getting to the Heart of Creating a Romance Novel

Website Description:  Romance readers are romance writers. Deep in the heart of every person who loves a good romance novel is the desire to write one of her own. But the process of writing a novel can seem daunting, not to mention the steps to get published. Is there a formula to the plot of a romance novel? How long should it be? How do I submit my manuscript to a publisher? Okay, so I’m published, but now what? These questions and more will be answered by a panel of experts: romance writers themselves. Join Leigh Michaels, author of "On Writing Romance"; Jennifer Lawler, Imprint Manager of Crimson Romance; Kristina Knight, author of "What a Texas Girl Wants"; and Karen Sue Burns, author of "In Hot Pursuit", for a free webinar that will discuss writing and publishing a successful romance novel from start to finish.

Leigh Michaels teaches the romance writing courses at Gotham Writers’ Workshop, and she has written over 80 romance novels for Harlequin and Sourcebooks. I took her Level 1 Romance Writing and her Level 2 Advanced Romance Writing courses at Gotham, using my first novel CHASING SHADOWS (formerly known as “Dream Chasers”) as my class project. As I started the class, I had a rough first draft written of 120K words, which I needed to whip into shape and cut down to proper romance novel length. I had convoluted subplots of subplots, had started in the wrong place, and so many other problems. After reading romances for so long, I really didn’t know how to write one. But the classes were invaluable and put me on a clear path. Leigh was instrumental in helping me shape CHASING SHADOWS into a publishable manuscript, which I went on to sell to Ellora’s Cave (Blush imprint). Further, I used the knowledge gained in the course and in Leigh’s book, “On Writing Romance,” to write and ultimately sell my novel WICKED PARADISE to Crimson Romance.

 I highly recommend this webinar to budding romance novelists. You can’t get a better panel of experts to guide you through the steps of writing a romance novel from first word on the page to publication.